Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
Source: Alcoholics Anonymous website
Athletics Australia (AA) is a not-for-profit organisation, is the national governing body for the sport of athletics in Australia. It is charged with ensuring the encouragement and promotion of athletics in Australia and acting in the best interests of the sport of athletics. It is also charged with ensuring adequate representation of Australia in athletics at the Olympic Games, the Commonwealth Games, the Paralympic Games and other international meetings.
Its specific roles are to:
- represent Australian athletics in international forums
- adopt a ‘whole of sport’ perspective
- develop mechanisms to foster cooperation between stakeholders
- lead the debate on key issues and coordinate the sport’s response
- guide and structure an effective high performance system and assist in providing necessary resources
- harness the community’s passion for athletics and direct it to optimum effect.
Source: Athletics Australia website